Please see below this week's notices from the College.
Please click here for this Saturday's arrangements.
Note from the Headmaster
Pupils are asked not to park on Church Lane on Monday 20 March and Friday 31 March as the Parish Church has large funerals on those days. There is some extra space by the boathouse. There will be limited space in the Courtmead turning circle as the hearse will need access and the facility to turn.
Mr Gregg Davies
Please be advised that all school buses will be arriving at the College at 9.00am on Saturday 18 March due to the Open Morning. This means your son or daughter will be collected from their normal stop exactly one hour later than normal.
Mrs Sue Arpino
We are looking forward to our All-In Weekend for boarders! Below is the itinerary for your interest. A reminder that all boarders are required to stay the Friday night and until 4.30pm on Saturday; it is optional for the rest of the weekend:
- Friday: Sixth Form Curry and Race Night (day pupils optional)
- Friday: Cosmo All-You-Can-Eat Restaurant for Years 8-11
- Saturday: Open Morning
- Saturday: Dragon Boat Racing (Finish 4.30pm)
- Saturday: 6 Nations Rugby Match
- Saturday: Gravity Force Trampolining
- Sunday: Brunch and Bubble Football
- Sunday: Movie Night
Mrs Katherine Green
Director of Marketing and External Relations
On Friday 24 March there will be a ‘Mufti Day’ to raise funds for Comic Relief. A suggested donation of £1.00 - £2.00 is advised to all students taking part. Red noses are encouraged!
Mr Darius Bluck
Parents’ Association Committee
The next Parents’ Association committee meeting takes place on Tuesday 28 March, at 8.00am in the Morning Room. Any parent interested in joining the committee, volunteering to help with events, or becoming a Year Group Rep, is encouraged to come along. Please let the Secretary, Erica Ferguson, know if you would like to attend by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do also get in touch if you if you are unable to attend, but wish to get involved in the future.
Parents’ Association Committee
BTEC Gig Night
On Thursday 6 April, Shiplake College will be putting on a BTEC gig. There has been a change in venue and time due to logistics. The performance will now be held in the Tithe Barn, starting at 7.00pm and finishing at 8.30pm, and will feature performances from both Year 12 and 13 BTEC classes, alongside supporting acts. The bands will perform a variety of Pop and Rock cover songs from a range of different decades, supported by Shiplake’s own Year 10 band Stranded, and the up-and-coming singer songwriter James Grundy. Friends, family members, students and staff are all invited to come along and enjoy a relaxed evening of music. Snacks and drinks will be served.
Mr Byron Ward
Musician in Residence
- Open Morning: Saturday 18 March
- Boarders' All-In Weekend: Friday 17 - Sunday 19 March (compulsory until 4.30pm on Saturday 18 March but we hope boarders will stay the whole weekend!)
- **NEW** Mufti Day: Friday 24 March
- BTEC Year 12 Solo Recital Evening: Tuesday 28 March
- Music Soloists' Concert: Thursday 30 March, 7.30pm
- Spring Music Concert: Tuesday 4 April, 7.30pm
- **NEW** BTEC Gig Night: Thursday 6 April, 7.00pm
- Year 12 Parents' Conference: Friday 28 April, 3.30pm
- **NEW** Boat Club Dinner: Saturday 24 June, Leander Club